Your living space defines your taste of décor. It is the space where you spend a lot of time together with your family or guests. So, it should be different and more decorative from the rest of the house.
So, what can you add in your living room other than the heavy furniture items to make it look unique and inviting? Ever thought about Indoor plants?
Spruce Up Your Living Space with Beautiful Indoor Plants!
A sofa set, television, and other similar furniture items are common for a living area. But to add a touch of exuberance, you can decorate the room with beautiful indoor plants. There are a wide range of options available in indoor plants such as
- Lemon Lime Dracaena
- Moth Orchid
- Lucky Bamboo
- Majesty Palm
Choose From Different Types of House Plants Like:
- Common House Plants: The common house plants are commonly found in homes as they are usually the easy-to-care types. The example of this type includes Aloe Vera, Peace Lily, Weeping Fig, Jade Plant, Dracaena, and others.
- Flowering Plants: Flowering plants are those that you watch blooming right from the beginning. The vibrant colour of the flowers adds attractiveness to the room. Such plants include Rose of China, Moth Orchid, Florist Cyclamen, Ornamental Pepper Plant, Barberton Daisy, and many more.
- Easy & Low-Light Plants: Easy and low light plants are very easy to take care of. There are many rooms that do not have direct sunlight, so these types of plants are best for such places. Examples are the Corn Plant, Mother-in-Law Tongue Plant, Cast Iron Plant, Dragon Tree, Lucky Bamboo Plant, Peace Lily, and others.
- Indoor Palm Plants: The indoor palm plants are expensive in comparison to other plants but one of the best choices. The examples are Parlor Palm, Kentia Palm, Sentry Palm, Lady Palm, Areca Palm, and others.
- Air Purifying House Plants: The air purifying plants are the best ones to keep inside a house as they purify the air and filter toxins and pollutants offering fresh air to everyone. Examples of these plants include Peace Lily, Mother in Laws Tongue, Barberton Daisy, Dragon Tree, Areca Palm, and others.
- Table Top Plants: The table-top plants are another popular option for decorating a living room. You can easily keep them over the top of any flat surface, and they enhance the beauty of the room. The plus point of these plants is that you can add creative planters too to increase the beauty of these plants. Some of the best plants for a tabletop are Devil’s Ivy, Aglaonema, Ficus Benjamina, Bromeliads, Philodendron, Peace Lily, and others.
- Tropical Plants: The tropical houseplants are another good option to keep indoors. They bring colour and brightness to your living space. The best part of tropical plants is that they can be grown in any climate. Different types of tropical plants are Amazon Elephant’s Ear, Anthurium, Bird of paradise, Bromeliads, Peace Lily, Philodendrons, and others.
- Hanging Plants: You can also go for the hanging plants if you have enough space in your home. The hanging plants look really attractive and inviting. Some of the best hanging plants for your room are Tillandsia (Air Plant), Arrowhead Plant, Bird’s Nest Fern, Boston Fern, Burro’s Tail, English Ivy, Maidenhair Fern, Spider Plant, and various others.
All of the above-mentioned plants are suitable for living room decoration.
What Else Can You do to Add a Glam Quotient?
The décor of your living room is not complete by just keeping some indoor plants. Proper placing of these plants along with the choice of pots as per the overall décor of the living area also matters a lot. Here are some suggestions for making your living room livelier than before.
Customize Your Pots
Adornment of plants in your living room becomes more striking if you decorate and customize pots as per the décor of the room. You can pick cute planters or minimalist pots as per the décor of your living room. Also, if you want and have that much space, then you can also choose to make a small indoor garden of your own keeping different types of indoor plants of your choice.
Decorate a Corner with Plants
If you do not have enough space in your living room, then worry not as you can decorate a corner with different types of indoor plants like table-top plants or hanging plants. This decoration equally enhances the beauty of your living space and offers pleasant vibes to the visitors.
Decorate a Cabinet or Open Shelf
You can decorate a cabinet or open shelf with indoor plants if you are running out of space. The table-top plants help you in getting through this sort of situation. And, you have a wide variety of planter options for decorating cabinets and open shelves.
How to Take Care of the Indoor Plants?
However, the indoor plants require less care in comparison to the outdoor ones. Still, they need proper care to bloom and grow for a long time. Here are some tips to take care of the indoor plants:
- Do not overwater the plants.
- Use peat-free compost for indoor plants.
- Keep the variegated plants near the windows.
- Try not to move the plants as they are less friendly to new surroundings.
- Prune your plants on a regular basis to prevent them from becoming leggy.
Decorating your living room with plants might seem like an easy task but proper placement can be tricky! The plants give your room an earthy vibe and a beautiful natural aesthetic. Keep all these things in mind and decorate your living space as you like. These tips will definitely impress your guests. You can also take the help of interior experts at HomeLane that will guide you in decorating your living room.